The quaint and inviting streets of Doylestown are filled with extraordinary shopping options, all of which will help you to get your holiday shopping done with ease. Whether shopping for music lovers or the stylish, fashion-seeking gift recipient on your list, Doylestown shops and boutiques will offer the perfect items to make checking names off of your gift list easy as can be.
The following ABC’s of holiday shopping will help to point you in the right direction as to finding the right gifts for all of your friends and loved ones:
- Art-Inspired Gifts: For the art aficionados on your gift list this year, Doylestown is an ideal place to shop for art-inspired gifts. Stop by the Gathering Art Gallery and Boutique, an artist collective, Chapman Gallery or Patricia Hutton Galleries for some lovely fine art gifts. For another gift idea, visit the Michener Art Museum and pick up an annual membership for a friend or family member on your holiday gift list. If art is what your gift recipient craves, Doylestown is the place to find the perfect creative gift.
- Bath and Body Products: Handmade soaps, scented lotions and other useful bath and body products can be found at shops such as The Paper Unicorn, Peace Valley Lavender Farm, Serendipity and other stores throughout Doylestown.
- Culinary Gifts: Doylestown is filled with fabulous eats and treats throughout town. The foodies on your gift list are sure to adore the options you select for them from the wide array of culinary-themed shops around town. Pick up some olive oil and balsamic goodies from Olive Oil Etc. and The Tubby Olive, then head over to Raymer’s Homemade Candies, Evolution Candy (formerly Nuts Plus Sweets and Treats) and Candy Crafters for some sweet treats and then pop into Doylestown Food Market for additional culinary items perfect for that food-filled gift basket, such as Nutty Novelties products, Equal Exchange hot cocoa and more.
- Dining Gift Cards: Another type of culinary gift which is certain to be a hit with your foodie gift recipients is dining gift cards. Doylestown features culinary offerings of a wide array and many local restaurants offer gift cards for sale. Some of the eateries to peruse for gift card giving include Playa Bowls, Spuntino, Lovebird, Jules Thin Crust and other fabulous dining spots.
- Entertainment Gifts: For those individuals on your holiday list who love a night out on the town, an entertainment-themed gift or gift basket is a wonderful option. Create a Doylestown entertainment experience and pick up some gift cards from local spots such as the County Theater and Doylestown Escape Room, and add in a membership to Mercer Museum and Fonthill Castle. Whether they adore movies, adventurous, thought-provoking activities or history, you’re sure to find the gift options you need in Doylestown.
- Fitness: Fitness aficionados on your gift list are sure to appreciate fitness-related presents in their stockings this year. Many of the local gyms offer memberships of a wide variety (which make the perfect fitness-themed gift), such as Pure Barre, Doylestown Fitness Center, Central Bucks Family YMCA, Doylestown Rock Gym and others.
- Garden Gifts: For the gardening gurus on your list, visit Buckman’s Home and Garden to pick up a unique piece of garden art, plants or other types of gardening items.
- Holiday Décor: Whether searching for holiday decorative items for your home or festive products to gift to friends and loved ones this season, you’ll find plenty of holiday items for the home at Fox & Holly.
- Inspirational Gifts: As the saying goes, it’s better to give than receive, and the holiday season is the perfect time to embrace this sentiment. Consider making a donation to a local charity organization or church in your name or in the name of a friend or family member, if it’s part of a holiday gift. This present will support the local community and also equate with a gift that keeps on giving.
- Join a Club, Dance Studio or Organization: So many wonderful activities are available throughout the year in Doylestown. Sign up a friend or family member for a dance class, art activity or other type of educational and fun offering. Some of the options in Doylestown include classes at the YMCA, Michener Museum, Art Dept. Studios, Ballet Arts of Bucks County and more.
- Keepsake Items: Although sweaters and pajamas are wonderful, warm gifts to give during the holiday season (and will hopefully make it under my tree this year!), it’s also a nice idea to give keepsake items during the holidays. Some of the shops and locations you can visit for keepsake gifts include Moravian Pottery and Tile Works, Michelle’s Hallmark Shop, The Paper Unicorn, The Yellow Door and other shops around town.
- Libations: For the craft beer lover on your list, a six-pack or growler is always a nice idea. Stop by the new Jury Room and grab a Geronimo Brewing growler filled with your loved one’s favorite brew or visit Doylestown Beer Authority and pick up a six-pack of IPA, stout, porter or other style of beer.
- Music and Musical Instruments: Support the arts and purchase music and musical instruments this holiday season. Some of the local music shops include Siren Records, D-Town Guitars and Music and Arts.
- Neckties and Men’s Clothing: Never overlook the possibility of a fine necktie as a gift this holiday season, especially if your friend or family member wears ties each day and would love to add some to their collection. Fine clothing retailer, Ventresca Ltd., and Doylestown’s hometown department store, Fox & Holly, both carry a wide selection of ties for that special man in your life. In addition to tie shopping, while you are in either shop, be sure to peruse the extensive selection of extraordinary men’s clothing.
- Outdoor Activities: When shopping for someone on your list who loves taking part in outdoor activities, be sure to stop by Doylestown Bike Works and check out the selection of bikes and bike accessories or book an outdoor climbing session with Doylestown Rock Gym guides.
- Pet Products: You couldn’t possibly forget about your favorite furry family members during the holiday season. Visit P & A Feed and Pet and Dogs & Cats Rule for pet gifts, such as pet toys, warm holiday sweaters for your four-legged friend, pet treats and more.
- Quick Bite to Eat: Okay, now’s a good time to remember to enjoy all that Doylestown restaurants have to offer. At some point during your shopping trip, visit the local eateries for a quick snack or meal before you head back out on the holiday gift shopping route. Whether you’re craving coffee and a sweet treat from Nonno’s, Sweetah’s or One Sweet Baking Co. or want to sit down at Villa Capri, Penn Taproom, Hickory Kitchen or Maxwell’s on Main (M.O.M.’s) for lunch, remember to refuel and then let the shopping spree continue!
- Reading Fans: For that special someone who loves a good book, visit the Doylestown Bookshop and Booktenders’ Secret Garden to check out the selection.
- Sweaters, Scarves and Socks: If you’re thinking that sweaters, scarves and socks might not be appreciated by your gift recipients, think again! These cozy winter items provide a warm type of gift to give out this season. So many local shops offer these welcome necessities, including Lilies of the Field, Bella’s Boutique, Lotus Apparel and Home, Something Else and other great boutiques.
- Toys: Toys are certain to be on your holiday gift list, whether purchasing items for your kids or other family members and friends. Two spots which simply must be on your go-to shopping list this year include Busy Bee Toys and Fabby-Do!
- Unique Clothing and Accessory Items: It’s easy to see that each and every shop and boutique in Doylestown has that unique, wow factor to it. When searching for some spots to pick up unique clothing and accessory items, be sure to pop into Monkey’s Uncle and Shop Vintage Alley, to name two of the many options.
- Variety of Gift Items in One Location: For those who are big fans of one-stop shopping, you’ll find a variety of gift items in a set location when you visit the Doylestown Bookshop, Fabby-Do and The Yellow Door, to name a few.
- Warm Weather Accessories: One can never go wrong by gifting warm weather accessories, if the individual lives in a cooler weather climate. For hats and gloves, visit Fox & Holly, Lotus Apparel and Home and Smith & Scott.
- (E)Xcellent Items to Wow Your Holiday Guests: Even though a majority of your shopping will be for others this holiday season, you may find yourself needing some household items to wow your holiday guests this year. The Paper Unicorn has Crabtree & Evelyn products for your kitchen and bathroom, while Fox & Holly boasts an impressive home goods section with unique kitchen and home entertaining items.
- Yoga Gifts: Yoga is a wonderful activity for the mind, body and soul. Doylestown offers yoga studios to help individuals obtain all of these beneficial results. Consider giving a yoga studio membership or multiple sessions card to someone on your gift list who would love this health-focused experience. Some of the local studios include Sun Dog Yoga Studio, Dragonfly Yoga Studio and Bikram Yoga Doylestown.
- Zen Gifts: Gifts which promote inner peace and focus are always welcome options for friends and family members who strive for overall calm and serenity. A gift certificate for Doylestown Float Studio, a new Doylestown addition, is a wonderful way to help your loved ones relax after a busy holiday season.
These are just a few of the places to visit and purchase gifts in Doylestown this holiday season. The town is filled with excellent shopping options of a wide variety and you’re sure to find exciting and unique gifts in all of the shops as you walk around town.
If you’re a Doylestown business owner and your store is not listed above, I welcome you to list your shop’s name in the comment section below and note which category you would like your store to be listed under. I am more than happy to add to ExploringDoylestown.com!