With a slightly delayed opening due to the current health crisis, the local community will be happy to know that the new opening date for the Doylestown Farmers Market is just a few days away. This year’s Doylestown Farmers Market season will start on Saturday, May 2!
With social distancing rules and other requirements in place, the organizers of the Doylestown Farmers Market and vendors have found a way to offer fresh, local produce and artisan goods to the public while keeping safety and health at the forefront.
The market will be open from 8 a.m.–1 p.m., same as prior years, but there will be hour entry times as follows:
- 8–9 a.m.: Customers who are 60 years of age and older
- 9–10 a.m.: Customers with a last name beginning with the letters A-H
- 10–11 a.m.: Customers with a last name beginning with the letters H-P
- 11 a.m.–Noon: Customers with a last name beginning with the letters P-Z
- Noon–1 p.m.: Open to all customers
Other health safeguards will include having one entrance and one exit as well as barricades surrounding the market. And only 25 people will be allowed in the market at any given time. In addition, although the Doylestown Farmers Market usually welcomes dogs, during this time they ask that you please leave your pups at home.
Ready to see what vendors will be there on opening day? Here is a list of the farmers, food vendors, and product vendors:
- Trauger’s Farm: Pre-order service only. Please order ahead of time via their website
- Rabbits Run Farm: Online orders available
- Nord Bread: Pre-orders preferred but there will be a limited supply at market for day-of purchase
- Love Grows CSA: Pre-orders accepted with limited day-of items for sale
- Viva Leaf Tea: Pre-orders
- Sandbrook Meadow Farm: All market day sales, no pre-orders
- Wildemore Farm: All market day sales, no pre-orders
- Barefoot Botanicals: Pre-orders available
- Hershberger Heritage Farm: Certain items available for market day sales while others available for pre-order only
- Primordia Mushrooms: Market day sales and pre-orders available
- Colony Meadery: Market day sales only
- Perfect Day Coffee: Pre-order available
- Solrig Farm: Pre-orders available, limited items available for market day sales
- Alice Bakery: Pre-order/pre-pay only
- Carol Cares Aromatherapy: Pre-order only
- Offbeat Gourmet: Won’t be at the market but you can visit the website for product orders and have them delivered to your door
To learn more about what each vendor will be offering on May 2 as well as their payment options, view the latest Doylestown Farmers Market newsletter for details.
Support local farmers and vendors by shopping local at the Doylestown Farmers Market!