The National Charity League, Inc. (NCL), Central Bucks Chapter, is hosting its annual membership drive. The NCL is the nation’s premier mother-daughter volunteer organization with a chapter based right here in our local area. The Central Bucks Chapter has approximately 260 members who live in Doylestown and surrounding locations.
NCL features a traditional six-year core program which includes community service, leadership development, and cultural experiences. Mothers and daughters (grades 7 through 12) who are involved in the NCL volunteer side-by-side in various ways throughout the local community in addition to attending chapter and class meetings focused on the three program areas listed above.
In the 2019-2020 year, the Central Bucks Chapter mother-daughter teams volunteered for a total of over 5,000 philanthropy hours with 19 philanthropic organizations in the community. Some of the philanthropy partners include:
- A Love for Life
- Bucks County Historical Society
- Bucks County Opportunity Council
- Carversville Farm Foundation
- CB Cares
- Christ’s Home for Children
- Discover Doylestown
- Doylestown Health
- Manna on Main Street
- Special Olympics
- Travis Manion Foundation
- Village Improvement Association
- Wesley Enhanced Living
- And more!
Applications are now being accepted from women with daughters who are currently in grades 6 through 9.
Membership Drive Details:
- Timeline: Applications for membership are only accepted during the annual membership drive from October 1 – January 15 each year.
- Eligibility: A prospective member shall reside within Doylestown and the surrounding areas and have a daughter currently in grades 6 through 9.
- Prospective Member Meeting: Interested mothers are encouraged to attend the prospective member meeting on November 12. To receive an invitation, please contact the Chapter at MembershipCentralBucks@NCLonline.org.
- Applications: Completed applications are due by January 15, 2021.
About National Charity League, Inc.
Established in Los Angeles, California in 1925, and incorporated in 1958, National Charity League, Inc. is the nation’s premier mother-daughter non-profit organization. Through mission-based programming, National Charity League develops socially responsible community leaders and strengthens the mother-daughter bond. The core program includes leadership development, community service, and cultural experiences.
Currently, the philanthropic organization, which has grown by nearly 70 percent in the last decade, has over 73,000 Members in hundreds of Chapters across the nation. Last year, those Members contributed more than 2.7 million volunteer hours to more than 4,000 local philanthropy partners and their Chapters, resulting in a $66 million fiscal impact. National Charity League celebrated its 95th anniversary in 2020.
For more information, visit www.nationalcharityleague.org.
Photo credit: NCL, Central Bucks Chapter